Kinkajou Project #11
Wedding Centre Pieces
by Cindy C Blakis
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
- We were having a wine themed wedding.
- Besides drinking a lot of wine, we were able to procure the various sized bottles from a restaurant a friend works in.
- I soaked the bottles in hot water to aid with the peeling of the labels and used Goo Gone to clean off the remaining sticky stuff.
- We scored and separated them all. (We did have a few casualties.)
- My fiancé was afraid of me injuring myself during this part so I was benched, as he sanded and drilled a hole in the bottles. (The holes are needed for air to circulate in and not blow out the candle or to put the electrical wiring through.) I highly recommend the Kinkajou Finishing Kit for a project like this because it takes a lot of sanding with the various grits of sand paper to get the edges nice and smooth again. With so many bottles, we had to buy extra sandpaper.
- 70 Various Sized Green Wine Bottles
- A Kinkajou Bottle Cutter and Included Accessories
- Goo Gone
- Sand Paper (Finishing Kit)
- Power Drill w/Glass Bit
- Electric Fairy Lights